[NFBMO] Convention update #3: Important dates and Deadlines

GeneCoulter@Charter.Net GeneCoulter at Charter.net
Wed Jan 31 00:47:21 UTC 2024

Below is the list of important dates leading up to the state convention. It should
be noted  that while the official deadline for mailing in pre-registration  forms
and money is April 1 due to difficulties with the United States Postal Service  I
recommend  strongly that  attendees mail in their  items by March 24. According to
a report in the Kansas City Star 64 million pieces of mail were backlogged in
Kansas City area post offices due to staffing issues. I would bet that the
situation is not much different in other areas of our state.

Important dates:

February 1 first day to apply for convention assistance through the George and
Gwen Rittgers Memorial Convention Fund.

February 15 Last day to apply for academic scholarships including the John and
Rhoda Dower Scholarship and the Mary Lou Hentges Scholarship.

February 15 last day to submit nominees for the Jacobus tenBroek Award and the
Kenneth Jernigan Award.

March 12 last day to register and pay for convention childcare. Forms postmarked
after that may not be honored as we need enough time to get staff in place.

March 12 at 5:00 Deadline to apply for assistance through the George and Gwen
Rittgers Memorial Convention Fund.

March 20 Recipients of convention assistance will be notified by this date.

March 21 last day to make hotel reservations (816-891-8900)

March 24 recommended last day to  send pre-registration forms and payment.

April 1 Deadline to mail-in pre-registration form and payment. This is a firm
deadline as forms postmarked after that will have to pay regular registration and
meal prices.

April 1 Deadline for chapters to Email exhibit requests to GCoulter at NFBMo.org
<mailto:GCoulter at NFBMo.org> . Late forms will not be accepted as space is limited.

April 1 deadline for outside exhibitors.

April 11-14 Convention hosted by the Kansas City and Ivanhoe chapters.