[NFBMT-Parents] Draft Email To Your Legislators

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:12:36 UTC 2018

Below is a draft email you might use to contact your legislators.  Feel free
to fill it in as necessary.

Dear Blank:

My name is blank, and I am writing to request that you sponsor one of five
bills which are briefly described below.  I am a member of the National
Federation of the Blind of Montana (NFB-MT).  We advocate statewide for blind
Montanans.  You can read more about the NFB-MT at www.nfbofmt.org
<http://www.nfbofmt.org> .

Our bills solve problems for blind Montanans and others with disabilities.
Representative Mary Caferro submitted the initial bill concepts to the
Legislative Council on our behalf, and now we need legislators to champion
the bills.  Members like me from the NFB-MT will help you work with the
Legislative Council to complete the bill drafts and to shepherd them through
the legislative process.  We will provide testimony, guidance, and support as
necessary, and we will happily follow your leadership.

Here is what we have submitted to the Legislative Council:

LC2761 12/05/2018 Mary Caferro (D) HD 81 (C) Draft Request Received
12/05/2018 Prohibition of subminimum wages for workers with disabilities

LC2762 12/05/2018 Mary Caferro (D) HD 81 (C) Draft Request Received
12/05/2018 Establishment of accessible electronic alternative for mail voting

LC2763 12/05/2018 Mary Caferro (D) HD 81 (C) Draft Request Received
12/05/2018 Provide that ballots for voters with disabilities be same form
used by all

LC2764 12/05/2018 Mary Caferro (D) HD 81 (C) Draft Request Received
12/05/2018 Establish penalties for malicious or negligent injury or death of
service animal

LC2765 12/05/2018 Mary Caferro (D) HD 81 (C) Draft Request Received
12/05/2018 Protect rights of blind parents in family law

Please feel free to contact me by mail, telephone, or e-mail.  I look forward
to hearing back from you soon.

Sincerely,

Your Name

Member, National Federation of the Blind of Montana

Address

Phone:

Email:

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President and Public Policy Committee Chair

Web Site: http://www.nfbofmt.org <http://www.nfbofmt.org/>

Live the life you want