[NFBMT-Parents] Braille Readers Are Leaders Breaking Limits

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:37:56 UTC 2021

              The Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest is in Full Swing!

If you haven’t already registered for the American Action Fund’s Braille Readers Are Leaders contest, you still have time to get in on the fun and excitement. This year’s contest runs through January 21. You can register at Actionfund.beanstack.org.

We are almost halfway through the contest period for 2021/22. Keep up the excellent work on reading and logging your minutes. To date, our participants have already logged 115,653 minutes and have earned almost 2,000 badges. These are amazing numbers, and we want them to climb even higher.

Breaking Reading Limits Awards

As in years past, we offer the Breaking Reading Limits Awards for Braille Readers Are Leaders.

The Breaking Reading Limits Awards are given to K-12 participants with reading challenges. Such challenges include, but are not limited to, learning English as a second language, or having disabilities in addition to blindness or low vision. Each student who is selected for one of these awards will receive a check in the amount of $25.00.

If you would like your child or student to be considered for a Breaking Reading Limits Award, please send us an email to BrailleReadingContest at actionfund.org <mailto:BrailleReadingContest at actionfund.org>  explaining the reading challenges they face. Include the child’s name, grade level, and contact information. We will make sure that this information is retained and factored in at the end of the contest.

More Activities, More Prizes

Remember, too, that there are activities for you, your student, or child to complete over the contest’s time period. You can post yourself reading with your pet, tell us how you read in the dark, post a photo of you wearing your Braille Readers Are Leaders t-shirt, and other fun activities that help you read more Braille!

Have fun and keep reading!

About the Contest

The American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults sponsors the annual Braille Readers Are Leaders contest. The National Federation of the Blind is proud to partner with the American Action Fund for this Braille literacy contest. For more information about Braille Readers Are Leaders, visit www.actionfund.org/programs/braille-readers-are-leaders <http://www.actionfund.org/programs/braille-readers-are-leaders> .

Joy Breslauer, First Vice President

Web Site:  <http://www.nfbofmt.org/> http://www.nfbofmt.org

Live the life you want