[NFBMT-Parents] Access a world of content. Learn about NFB-NEWSLINE.

rjaquiss at nfbofmt.org rjaquiss at nfbofmt.org
Wed Dec 21 19:27:41 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone:

Please read the following message about NFB-NEWSLINE®. Stay warm and have a great day.

Happy Holidays,

Robert and Samantha, NFBMT NFB-NEWSLINE® Coordinators

 <http://nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-newsline>

NFB-NEWSLINE Montana Digital Brochure

Be informed. Remove obstacles to your goals. Access print publications, online information and more! NFB-NEWSLINE is a free audio and Braille service for people with print disabilities.

A World of Content

Over 500 publications—national and local: Newspapers, magazines, Montana state information, online information, job listings, retail ads, TV listings, emergency weather alerts, and more, the list keeps growing.

Eligibility

Professionals. Children. Students. Seniors. Anyone who is blind, low vision, deafblind, or has a print disability is eligible for this free service.

 <http://nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-newsline>

Many Ways to Access

Read what you want when you want. Access NFB-NEWSLINE in one or multiple ways including with a touch-tone telephone, Amazon Skill, Victor Stream, secure website, iPhone mobile app or delivered to you through email. Each provide easy access with multiple settings and ways to get the content you want like creating favorites lists and altering the voice settings.

Limited Access Accounts available to avoid adult language, recommended for readers twelve years of age and younger. Learn more at http://nfbnewsline.org.

In 2021, 21,193,466 access points via calls, mobile app, and downloads.

John Paulson – “I access NFB-NEWSLINE via the telephone. I enjoy reading the Billings Gazette and I like to keep up on the world news. NFB-NEWSLINE allows me to keep up with local and national news. I think it’s important to know what is going on not only in my neighborhood but around the world and NFB-NEWSLINE allows me to do that just like my sighted peers”.

 <http://nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-newsline>

How to Apply

Step 1: Submit application.

If you are already a patron of the Montana Talking Book Library, you are eligible for NFB-NEWSLINE. Call 406-444-3115 and ask them to sign you up.

Call NFB-NEWSLINE Montana 406-233-0771 or 888-987-0414 and complete an application over the phone.

Online application <http://www.nfbnewsline.net/Nl2/NL2NewUserReqInput.jsp>

Download application <http://nfb.org/Images/nfb/documents/pdf/newslineapp.pdf>

Visit http://nfbnewsline.org for more information.

Step 2: Receive activation codes and instructions.

Access all available publications and features!

 <http://nfb.org/programs-services/nfb-newsline>

NFB-NEWSLINE® is a service of the National Federation of the Blind. However, this service is not exclusive to the blind community. Access a world of content with this free service.

The National Federation of the Blind of Montana is available to help with any questions you may have about NFB-NEWSLINE®. Below you will find information about how to contact the staff member who is best suited to answer your questions. For general assistance, please call 406-233-0771 or 888-987-0414 or email nfbnewslinemt at nfbofmt.org <mailto:nfbnewslinemt at nfbofmt.org> .

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.

The National Federation of the Blind of Montana knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Learn more about the National Federation of the Blind of Montana at nfbofmt.org <http://nfbofmt.org>  or call 406-438-1421.