[Nfbmt] Flo Nelson Also Passed

Rik James montanarikster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 18:50:41 UTC 2012

I appreciate that members of this list have shared the information about the
passing of both Lois Dupois and Flo Nelson.
I am saddened by the loss of both of these dear friends and very special
members of our community of Montana's blind.
I'm kind of feeling sorry that I did not take the time to stay in touch with
either as much as I may or should have.

My relations with them started with their attending the summer program
during the years when I was serving as its director. They were both to
become great friends and great supporters of our ideals and each other.

Gosh I will miss them.
Most recently I recall a lot of very touching posts that Flo had written on
the list. Her way was to always reach out and touch you.

And Lois, boy, she was a real stick to it person, if ever there was one. We
had a lot of great times here in Montana, and then at some national
conventions.
And yes, she knew how to have some great fun, too.

I hope a bit of the DNA of both Flo and Lois will seep into each of us as we
continue on, and always remember them.

Thanks.
Rik