[Nfbmt] footer

Michael Babcock michael at radioflathead.com
Mon Nov 12 12:54:46 UTC 2012

Sheila;
A footer is text that is added to the bottom of every message sent to a mailing list. From my familiarity of jmailing list, this one looks like it is ran by a popular mailing list software called mailman. Mailman allows an individual the opportunity to append a footer to every message sent to an email list. This footer is provided as an option to the list administrator in order to include important information related to both how the list is ram, and possibly even the organization the list is Ran for. The footer on this mailing list includes information related to subscribing, unsubscribing, and placing yourself in vacation mode, additionally, I believe that the footer of this mailing list also includes information for contacting the list administrator. I say that I believe that includes this information, because to be honest I just saw that the footer information was included on my messages to this list, and messages were saved from this list. I am subscribed to several different mailing list, and have grown accustomed to seeing the footer information on mailman mailing list. Therefore, I honestly don't even look at it and less I need information related to that particular list.
For your reference, mailman also offers the ability to upend a header to each message. This is often used for people who want to sort their emails, as well as administrators who would like to include important disclaimer information at the top of messages.

I hope this helps you better understand the definition of a footer, and a header, in relation to email list software.
Thank you
With my best regards
Michael

Sent from my iPhone