[Nfbmt] Fwd: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] Politico - Blind advocates blast White House

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Wed May 29 23:56:08 UTC 2013

Scott LaBarre's e-mail below points to two we bsites.  Scott is NFB of
Colorado President. He, along with Fred Schroeder, have been NFB
representatives in the WIPO discussions.  Fred is also the 1st Vice
President of hte World Blind Union.

YThe problem is that the White House petition requires an inaccessible
captcha - the audio version is unintelligible.  The second lin is to
an NFB petition to the same effect.

We want a simple treaty that permits libraries for the blind to share
accessible books across international boundaries so that the limited
resources available to create accessible books don't have to be
duplicated from country to country.

Dan