[Nfbmt] Email Who uses what email software? And about our discussion list

Rik James montanarikster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 18:29:00 UTC 2013

Hello list members.

I am curious.
What software do each of you use for your email?

Some folks may use Outlook. Some may use Windows Live Mail. Some may
actually just use their internet browser and use webmail.  Some folks may
use something else.  And do you maintain a list of Contacts within your
email program?

I am starting a discussion on something else besides the NFB of Montana
business here. But it is also useful I think if we share information and
learn from each other so we can each know more about all of the various
things we use to communicate. I can think of a variety of topics along those
lines I'd like to discuss with us, or with others.

There maybe also other discussion lists that you might like to share with
us.
If so, please provide the name of the list, what the list talks about, and
the way to subscribe to it.

I know lots of you are using the new types of phones now, too. I have not
yet gotten anything going on that. But maybe I will soon enough.
The whole Apple versus Android thing, and my reading of it, it always keeps
me in a limbo land of indecision. That,  plus wondering what I can and would
want to spend on a monthly basis on a phone.

Oh. I use Windows Live Mail 2011 for my personal email. I have several email
addresses. I manage my email according to using an email address for
specific types of communications and things I do. The
montanarikster at gmail.com is the email address I use for this list. As well
as some other lists. Other email addresses I may use for other things like
my radio and concert stuff. I have one that I use for politics, too. It
keeps me able to kind of pre-sort things. Windows Live Mail puts all of
those accounts in a Tree View, so I can go to each of the accounts and then
TAB over to the Inbox in that account.

I use WLM 2011 while using my JAWS screen reading software and a little bit
of my remaining eyesight. It works pretty well, but there are things that it
may not read, like who the email is from. So I will need to use the JAWS
cursor for that.

I wonder if any of you have trouble seeing or hearing who an email is from,
also.

You know if it is from this NFB of Montana Discussion list, it is being
delivered to many others who may or may not be participating in the
discussions that are held there. And when you hit Reply to that message it
goes to all of those who are subscribed to the list.  This list is also
called a Listserve. That is just a computer style of email list, as I
understand it. I think that this list is administered by the NFB
organization David Andrews, and our NFB Montana list moderator or List Mom
as they like to call it, is still Dan Burke.

Okay. Thanks for listening. And I hope what I typed up above made some sort
of sense. It is a crazy Friday here. And with baseball season over, you just
never know who is going to catch those foul balls that keep coming this way,
now do you? But I will keep my glove handy and mustard in stock.

Thanks.
Rik James
Bozeman, Montana.
12:44 p.m. 44 degrees. Partly cloudy, partly sunny, and breezes out of the
South and East.