[Nfbmt] news line

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Sat Dec 13 06:05:44 UTC 2014

A Holiday Gift from your friends at NFB-NEWSLINE

Dear NFB-NEWSLINE Subscriber:

We are pleased to announce the addition of two new Breaking News Online
publications. Just released today December 12th are Newser and Voice of
America. We hope you enjoy these new additions.

According to the publications own website, Newser is a news curator
with a kick. Our editors hand-pick the best stories from hundreds of US
and international sources and summarize them into sharply written,
easy-to-digest news briefs. Our signature grid offers a vivid snapshot
of the day's most important, thought-provoking, and entertaining news
in a lively presentation of photos and headlines. Newser combines the
wisdom of editors and the power of technology, offering, we believe, a
richer and smarter news experience. NEWSER can be found under the
BREAKING NEWS ONLINE category.

To access this publication via the telephone, select option 5 from the
MAIN MENU. Then select option 5 for NEWSPAPERS IN A DIFFERENT STATE and
then select option 1 for BREAKING NEWS ONLINE.

The Voice of America or sometimes referred to as V O A, is a dynamic
multimedia broadcaster funded by the U.S. Government, broadcasts
accurate, balanced, and comprehensive news and information to an
international audience.

It started in 1942 as a radio news service for people living in closed
and war-torn societies. It has grown into a multimedia broadcast
service. VOA now reaches people on mobile devices and Facebook, through
Twitter feeds and call-in programs, using the medium that works best
for specific audiences. The Charter states, in part, that the V O A
will serve as a consistently reliable and authoritative source of news.
VOA news will be accurate, objective, and comprehensive. The Charter
also states that V O A will present the policies of the United States
clearly and effectively, and will also present responsible discussions
and opinions on these policies.

Subscribers may notice that some of the articles may contain text near
at the end that makes a reference about a staff reporter/correspondent
having more on this story etc. or similar wording. Note that since this
content is obtained from their website, those references lead to video
content that cannot be presented on NFB-NEWSLINE at this time.

Voice of America can be found under the BREAKING NEWS ONLINE category.
To access this publication via the telephone, select option 5 from the
MAIN MENU. Then select option 5 for NEWSPAPERS IN A DIFFERENT STATE and
then select option 1 for BREAKING NEWS ONLINE.

We hope you enjoy this new content for NFB-NEWSLINE. Have a wonderful
Holiday Season!

The NFB-NEWSLINE Team