[Nfbmt] subminimum wage discussion

Edward Robbins ecrobbins517 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:51:02 UTC 2014

>From experience, I'll try to add some input to this discussion.
If you are on SSDI, the year you reach retirement age, you are automatically
shifted over to SS retirement.  (The retirement age is slowly increasing to
age 67.  Reaching retirement age of 66, you get 100% of accrued benefits.
One needs to check with the SS administration for this information.)  If a
part year, your limits are still as they were under the SSDI rules.  The
next year and there after, you can earn as much as you like, (can) without
it affecting your SS retirement income.  The only thing is, you might have
to pay taxes on your SS retirement income, but that is an income tax
question.  If you continue to work, your benefits are recalculated each year
and benefits are increased to reflect those earnings.
	I had a good friend make the comment about taxes, "You just need to
earn more than they can take."
Ted
EDWARD C "TED" ROBBINS
, CEO MBEI, Treasurer NFB of Montana & MANAGER MAB EQUIPMENT PROGRAM
PHONE & FAX:  406 453 6678, CELL:  406 799 6268
104 RIVERVIEW 5 E
GREAT FALLS  MT   59404