[Nfbmt] farm thoughts

Rik James montanarikster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 18:38:23 UTC 2014

Thanks for sharing, Ted.
I was thinking of you on the farm, too, as I posted that.

I never did get around pigs that much.
My cousin over in the next township did, though. And he would show them at
the county fair.
I was always impressed with them.  And as you mention, they are much neater,
much smarter.

I would enjoy a bit of country life again myself, too.
In 1986, after the Peace Corps, Karen and I went to Tennessee, as part of
our re-entry into this culture again.
We almost stayed there, to go in on some land. It was along Turkey Creek,
just near the Cumblerland River, west of Nashville about 70 miles. Not too
far from the Loretta Lynn Dude Ranch.

The distance from town made me think I might not enjoy not being able to
just walk to the store, the library, up for a haircut, and the like.
So we just come on back to Bozeman. And stay we did. Almost migrated to the
Twin Cities as you may recall. But Karen's mom and family needs, and just
all of the practicality of it, argued we stay put.

So here we are, thinking of cows and pigs. And pecking on a keyboard. Who
knew?
Cold hands, even in our house!! Doggone it! Central heat? A natural gas
radiant stove does the job. But not unless you put your paws over it for a
good spell, once in awhile.

Rik