[Nfbmt] Washington Seminar

Rebecca Stewart becca33 at bresnan.net
Mon Jan 27 01:19:52 UTC 2014

Thanks Joy.  Under the circumstances, with the new Big Bear Transit, I will
surely be seeing you and Bruce soon.  I fully intend to come to Great Falls
asap.  Randi has to go see an orthopedic tomorrow about his wrist.  He
actually fractured it diagonally and dislocated it at the same time and
apparently it is impairitive  that he has surgery on it very soon so I can't
plan any travels for any time soon.  In fact, I'm afraid I will have to
postpone my enrollment in Blind Inc.  I wwill know more once he's seen the
doctor.  It's so strange that this happened.  He actually had an appointment
with an orthopedic last Friday that he walked out on because the doctor was
20 minutes late for his appointment.  That app concerned his right shoulder,
which has been giving him a lot of grief for some time now and it had
already looked like he would be having surgery to get that fixed and now
this with his wrist on the same arm.  I wonder if the doctor may do surgery
on his shoulder and wrist at the same time so his whole arm can go through
the healing of his shoulder and wrist all at once and get it over with.  If
not, he will be looking at two surgeries and thus two long periods of
recovery which will doubtless force me to postpone blind school for so much
longer.  Oh well, I must make my responsibilities as his wife a priority. I
also have my kids to think about, they need one of us to be healthy and if
Randi's going to be recoverying from surgery for the next few months, well,
I will postpone school.
Becca