[Nfbmt] Meeting notes 1/12/15

Rebecca Stewart beccastewart76 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 03:10:15 UTC 2015

The board meeting came to order at a couple of minutes after six o'clock.
In attendance were, Jim Marks, Jeff,Sheila, Becca, Joy, Ted and  Jim
Aldridge. Stacey came in late.We discussed a fundraising idea presented by
Jeff that he had learned about through church where the NFB of Mt would
partner with Schwan's to earn money for our chapter. Jeff mentioned some
specific numbers that he apparently got from speaking to someone about this
venture.  Jeff's going to look deeper into this fundraising idea and get
more concrete information about how it works exactly and how much money we
would be earning from it.  This is a good fundraiser because if we can
spread the word among the NFB members nationally as well as our families and
friends and get everyone to participate, we would be making a lot of money
on it and it wouldn't cost our chapter anything. I believe that Jim
volunteered that his wife Kathy is now or has in the past been affiliated
with Schwan's so she may be able to explain how this works also.   Jim went
on to say that the key to this would be marketing, the more we encouraged
people to buy from Schwan's using the info pertaining to our organization,
the more business Schwan's gets and the more donations we get.  Everyone
wins in this situation if it's done right.The general understanding was tht
this particular fundraiser would apply to all foods that Schwan's sells and
if this is the case, then it's a good idea. The board voted on whether or
not to try this as a fund raiser and the motion passed.
Ted announced that he has secured a post office box for our chapter and he
has two keys to it.  He will hold onto one and the other one will go to
Madame President Joy. Joy asked about reimbursing people who choose to
travel to Helena to speak to the legislature regarding issues important to
our cause as the NFB of Mt. There was no vote regarding this issue.  The
date and time of the next chapter meeting was announced.  Feb.12th at 6:00.
Jim Marks announced the     BLVS meeting is going to be gong to be on Feb
5th The meeting starts at 9:00the committee will consider it at 10:30.  It
should be noted that this information is unclear because it was difficult to
hear Jim due to some kind of problem with phone system.  Perhaps he can
email the information to the list serve.