[Nfbmt] ABLE Act Survey

Bruce&Joy Breslauer bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Thu Jul 23 14:34:25 UTC 2015

From: Sloan, Rose

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:51 AM
Subject: ABLE Act Survey

Legislative Directors:

Welcome back from convention!  I am passing along a note from Jim McCarthy
about a survey about the ABLE Act, the recently passed legislation that will
allow certain SSI beneficiaries to open a special ABLE account without
losing their benefits.  Thanks for your help!

Rose

Dear Friends,

The ABLE National Resource Center has constructed an informal survey to
gather a better understanding of the level of enthusiasm behind creating
ABLE accounts and how potential beneficiaries may utilize these accounts for
purposes of maintaining and increasing their health, independence, and
quality of life.  The information gathered through this survey will be
analyzed by the ABLE National Resource Center and made available to its
members and other relevant stakeholders.  Through wide participation, we
hope to use this valuable information to assist in the development of
effective and responsive state ABLE programs.

In an effort to gather as much information as possible, we ask that you
please consider distributing this survey to your members (and all other
interested parties) via social media, email blasts, and through your
respective newsletters (feel free to use the language in this email in your
outreach).  We would like to have all responses in by August 3, but would
still encourage you to include the survey in your periodic email
publications for the month of July and August.

The link to the survey (including instructions) is as follows:

https://ndiinc.formstack.com/forms/able_survey

If you have any questions, please contact Chris Rodriguez at
crodriguez at ndi-inc.org.  Thank you so much for your help and we look forward
to a robust response.

Michael Morris
Executive Director, National Disability Institute
1667 K Street, NW - Suite 640
Washington, DC 20006
202.296.2040
202.296.2047 (fax)