[Nfbmt] FYI info on Facebook, and NFB, and Writing

Rik James montanarikster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:33:47 UTC 2015

Hi folks,
I am pasting below an entire email I had read on the discussion news group
called The Stylist, which is the Writers Division discussion group.
They talk about interesting things, to do with writing, and much much more,
of course. We all to talk, don't we?  (smile)
And they have regular monthly telephone conferences, which I sometimes will
attend. Dues for division are 10 dollars per year.
There is a big writing contest coming up, you know about it? Deadline is
April 1.   Maybe one of some of you might like to get writing. Theme is to
have something to do with the number 75.  Hmm. Guess why that is, anyone?

But the other reason I am posting this to you all is the content. They have
been discussing to each other about how to use Facebook. And my thinking is
perhaps there might be additional implications for our own Montana state
affiliate to be aware of.

Some of all of this social media stuff, it is a big blur zone for me. I
don't seem to find the time to get much going with it. But that does not
take away from the fact that it is important and it is worthwhile for many.
I have a facebook account, a Linked In account, and it is pretty busy place.
But not because I am very good with it.

So here you go.
Stay tuned for more, and say hello to your family and to all your close
animal friends.
Growl. Growl. Yip. Yip. Yawn yawn. Time for a nap nap.

Signing off, on another chilly Thursday in Bozeman.
Rik James

#### RECENT POST ON NFB STYLIST DISCUSSION:

One thing to keep in mind, with the new branding directives issueing from
national, all Federation related Facebook accounts created as groups may
need to disband and re-create as an FB page. This is to bring uniformity and
cohesiveness to the entire organization, and also, there are some benefits
to having a page as opposed to a group account. Not sure when this order
will go into affect, but I'm sure all divisions and groups will be notified
if and when any changes happen.

Bridgit