[Nfbmt] FYI info on Facebook, and NFB, and Writing

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:59:54 UTC 2015

The NFB of Montana has a page, not a group, so that's not a problem.
Travis set this up for us the very first day and posted photos from
our Constitutional Convention.

Increasingly, people look for information or stumble across it on
social media.  CCB has 829 people who hav liked its page as of this
morning - that's an increase of more than 500 since I started managing
the page.  All those people are supporters of some kind, some are
potential students, some potential donors.  The same is true for other
NFB pages, and can be for the NFB of Montana.  it's is a quick and
easy place to get our message out.

Two things have to happen for this to work:

1.  You have to post regularly, and the info has to be interesting to
people and on message.
2.  You have to get people to like the page. NFB of Montana has 126
likes, and it's been there for a year or more.  Many of those are my
FB friends that I've invited and, I suspect, a lot of the others are
probably Travis's friends he invited.

As you may guess, activity and likes are symbiotic.  They feed off one another.

So, if someone likes the NFB of Montana page, then when NFB of Montana
posts something on that page, everyone who has liked it is a potential
viewer of that post.  The more posts there are, the more others are
likely to see them.

Okay that's what I got.  Now I have to get a graduation post on FB for
one of our students.

Hey, have you liked our page yet? (grin)

Dan

--
Dan Burke
My Cell:  406.546.8546