[Nfbmt] Want to go to National this year?

Edward Robbins ecrobbins517 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:11:58 UTC 2015

I said I would provide information of costs to attend the National
convention this coming July.  Major cost is air fare.  I have purchased a
ticket costing $680.00.  Possibly you can do better, but you need to look,
and you might get a ticket for less.  I hope so.
	Second major expense is the Hotel.  Costs for rooms, including tax
are, $93.07 or $101.02, depending on whether you get a single/double, or
share a room with 3 others.  It will depend on how many nights you stay, so
you could get by for $177.00, if you shared 4 in a room for 7 nights, or as
much as $652.00, staying by yourself for 7 nights.
	Third major expense is probably food, but this can be controlled,
depending on your own ideas and needs/preferences.  In the past I have taken
single packets of instant oatmeal and hot chocolate, using the coffee maker
to heat water.  Quite an inexpensive breakfast.  Some folks will bring a
"hot pot" and meals purchased at Wal-Mart to heatt.  Restaurant costs can
vary from the "Deli" to the sit down restaurant.  Only you can control these
costs.  Remember, you will eat, whether you are in Orlando or at home.
	Other costs are ground transport from the airport to the Hotel and
back.  Cabs can run as high as $60.00 one way to approximately $14 one way
on the Shuttle's.  Here again, one can control this by pre-planning.
	Don't forget your costs to check baggage, $25 for first bag each
way.
	Another item is your expenditures in the exhibit hall.  There will
be items, inexpensive to costly, that you will want to, and generally do,
purchase.
	Tips for assistants in the airports and hotel is something you need
to consider.  Don't "stiff" those folks you ask to help you.
	So, you see you can control your costs and still have a very
enjoyable convention.  Just do a lot of pre planning and you can control
most of your costs quite easily.
	If you want to discuss specifics or generalities about any item
relating to the convention, do give me a call.
  My number is: 406 453 6678.

Sincerely,
Ted

EDWARD C "TED" ROBBINS
, CEO MBEI, Treasurer NFB of Montana & MANAGER MAB EQUIPMENT PROGRAM
PHONE & FAX:  406 453 6678, CELL:  406 799 6268
104 RIVERVIEW 5 E
GREAT FALLS  MT   59404