[Nfbmt] job update

Bruce&Joy Breslauer bjb5757 at bresnan.net
Mon May 11 23:14:55 UTC 2015

This is the current plan.

My preferred option is to work from home.  I have one of three programs from
which to choose: Directv, Lowes, or Waltons.  I have not worked in any of
these programs before.

The first thing they will do is to see if JAWS is compatible with Directv.
They worked on it last year with someone else, and they're pretty sure it
won't, but they're going to try it again.  If that fails, they can't ask
Directv to tweak their site because it's theirs and not Asurion's.  So if
that doesn't work, then they're going to see if it will work with either the
Lowes or the Walton program.  If that fails, then I'll be taking the
severance pay, and then I will be eligible for them to help me look for
something else for four months.  If I take the severance pay, then they will
pay my insurance for six months and then I can decide whether I can afford
to keep it up.  At that time I can also decide whether I can afford to keep
up their life insurance and their catastrophic insurance, or whether to go
on Bruce's insurance.  I will get five hundred dollars to help set up my
work at home station; I will need a quiet place, a computer, a fast internet
connection, and a dedicated phone line.  None of this can be wireless
because wireless is easier to hack.  I can work part time or full time, but
they will schedule me when their peak volume of calls is.  I don't know yet
whether my schedule will change each day or each week or remain the same as
it is now, whether I will get different days off each week, or whether I
will work on an on-call basis.  I also don't know whether I want to spend
the rest of my working life tethered to a computer and a phone line.  That
will all sort itself out.  My first day of work was August 16, 1972, and
that was a long time ago.

I have a work at home seminar some time this week, so I will find out more
about the ins and outs of that possibility then.

Joy