[Nfbmt] Reminder: Treasure State At Large Chapter Meeting Thursday Evening, 11/12/2015, 6:00 P.M.

President, NFB of Montana breslauerj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 18:44:56 UTC 2015

Hello fellow Montana Federationists.

This is a quick reminder of the NFB of Montana Treasure State At Large
chapter meeting conference call on Thursday, 11/12/2015, 6:00 P.M.

Phone number: (712) 432-6100

Participant Access code: 41010893

Meeting Minutes October 15, 2015

The meeting was called to order by NFB of MT President Joy Breslauer at 6:13
P.M. on Thursday, October 15, 2015.  This was the date agreed upon
beforehand, since the second Thursday of the month was the evening
immediately before the statewide convention held in Great Falls October 9-11.

The following nine members were present:

Violet Sun Child

Linda Hurlock, Treasurer

Ted Robbins

Anna Robbins

Jim Aldrich

Joy Breslauer

Bruce Breslauer

Denise Moses

Chapter President Sheila Leigland joined the conference later.

We discussed the state convention which just concluded, and the fact that at
the convention the NFB of Montana Board of Directors granted chapter status
to the Electric City Chapter of Great Falls, bringing our chapter total to
three.

We discussed how best to proceed with the Treasure State At Large chapter,
whether to hold an election for officers but to change their function a bit
so that the running of the meetings would rotate among chapter members, who
would formulate the agenda, arrange for topics of discussion or speakers, and
possibly assign readings, keeping in mind that the essential function of an
at large chapter is to recruit new members, acquaint them with the NFb
philosophy, find ways to get them involved on the local, state, and national
level, and then lose them as they form their own local chapters.  We also
re-emphasized the importance of listening to the monthly Presidential Release
before the meeting.  We discussed whether we needed a Constitutional meeting
to document and move forward with these changes.  Nothing was decided.

Next year's At Large Chapter dues are due.  They are five dollars per year.
Please send dues to Linda Hurlock, Treasurer, 636-1/2 North Davis, Helena, MT
59601.  Please make checks payable to Treasure State Chapter, NFB of MT.

We were going to hold elections, but some chapter members were not present.
Ted moved and Linda seconded a motion to hold elections next meeting, come
rain or come shine.  Motion carried.

The next conference call meeting of the Treasure State At Large chapter will
be held on Thursday evening, November 12, 2015, at 6:00 P.M.

Respectfully submitted,

Address: P.O. Box 1325, Great Falls, MT 59403

Phone: (406) 454-3096

Email: president at nfbofmt.org

Web Site: www.nfbofmt.org

It's TIME to Eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities

http://www.nfb.org/TIME

Donate to the National Federation of the Blind of Montana
<http://www.nfbofmt.org/donate.html>