[Nfbmt] Git along, little dogies

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 04:15:42 UTC 2015

El Presidente here.

Convention will be here before you know it.  Are you ready?  Will we be
ready?  That's up to you.

Do you have your resolution thought up or worked up?  Do you want to be on
the Resolutions Committee?  So far I have two, me and Jim Aldrich.  I want
to meet by phone a week or so before convention to hammer out all the many
resolutions we will read at the convention.  Get out all your good ideas and
your bad ideas, and your "there oughta be a law" statements and thoughts,
and make a resolution out of them, or let us know what your idea is and we
will do it for you.  For free, even.  How bout that?  Your NFB of Montana at
work.  Don't let it scare ya.  Your idea might be something that actually
changes the world for the blind.  Wouldn't that be something?  And I could
say I knew you when.  Of course, they'd wanna know all the dirt, and I'd
just smile and keep my lips sealed.  You hope.

We're sending out door prize letters for every member to take around to
whoever they are friends with, where they shop at or do business with, so
get creative.  The letters are asking for door prizes.  You never know what
businesses will give.  Gift cards are good.  They transport well.  Let's see
what door prizes we can find out there in them thar hills.  This is
something you could do even if you never show up for chapter meetings, Rik.
Oh, gotcha.  I probably should nuh done that.  Will you still love me
tomorrow?

Help me brainstorm about ways we can get those boxes of brochures out of
rik's garage, or basement, or wherever they are, in Bozeman.  We need to get
them out of his house and all over the state of Montana.  I mean, since we
paid for them and all.  Don't you think?  We don't want them to just sit
there and rot, if brochures rot, or get eaten by termites.  Well, that
probably wouldn't happen, unless Rik's house or premises has termites.
There I go again.  It must be Pick on Rik week.  Sorry, old buddy old pal.
Aren't you glad you came back to the list?  You're still here, aren't you?
Please don't go away again.  I didn't mean it, honest.  I was just funning
ya.

Well, maybe it would be safer to get on another subject.  Y'all remember to
hit the "back" button or whatever button it is after you hit the pay button
when you register for your convention and your banquet ticket online.
Otherwise you won't get your thank you email with your confirmation, and
we'll get your money but we won't know what it's for without digging into
the vault.  Na nan a nana na.

So, let's kick it up a notch and put it out of neutral and get it in gear
for this great convention we are going to have.  It is only going to get
bigger and better every year, right?  Unless we sit on our hands and don't
do anything now, in which case it will lose momentum and fizzle and go to
the repository of great conventions-that-could-have-been-but-never-were,
wherever that is.  I don't know, is it hot there?  Do I wanna know?

Address: P.O. Box 1325, Great Falls, MT 59403

Phone: (406) 454-3096

Email: president at nfbofmt.org

Web Site: www.nfbofmt.org