[Nfbmt] Prepaid Cell Phones

Breslauers breslauerj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:27:47 UTC 2016

Hi, Montana Federation Family.

El Presidente here again.  I have a question that has been on my mind for
awhile, and I thought I'd bring it to your attention to see if any of you
have any great ideas about how to answer it.

I am concerned about the person who wants to participate in such things as
the at large chapter meeting conference call, but may not have long distance
capability on their phone, and their cell phone, if they have one, might be
the kind where you prepay minutes on a card.  I think that using those
precious prepaid minutes for such things as the conference call is an
unreasonable request.  Does anyone have any ideas about how to include people
who don't have long distance capabilities on their phone in the conference
call or other calls we may generate?  I thought some of us could volunteer to
call people and that way they could be on the conference call.  Any other
suggestions?  If each of us had one person to call, the at large conference
call membership could really grow.

Do any of you have ideas about what you think should be discussed at the at
large chapter meeting?  Have you come across something in your daily life
that you used to be able to do with ease, but now you find more difficult?
Or do you have an alternative technique that works well for you?  Maybe we
could talk about such things one meeting.  Sometimes the visual way is not
always the best way.

I remember once after a bible study meeting in a church, someone came up to
me and a blind friend of mine and hesitantly asked us a question.  She said
her dad was losing his vision and was making a mess with the toothpaste,
trying to get it on the brush, and wondered if, as blind people ourselves, we
had any pointers.  We suggested he get his own tube of toothpaste, always
know where it is, (you don't want to accidentally grab the hair tonic or the
Bengay), and when he wants to use the toothpaste just squirt a little in his
mouth and then use the brush to brush his teeth.  Simple solution, one she
wouldn't have thought of, and gets the job done with no fuss, no muss.

Address: P.O. Box 1325, Great Falls, MT 59403

Phone: (406) 454-3096

Email: president at nfbofmt.org

Web Site: www.nfbofmt.org

It's TIME to Eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities

http://www.nfb.org/TIME

Donate to the National Federation of the Blind of Montana
<http://www.nfbofmt.org/donate.html>