[Nfbmt] {Spam?} Re: Prepaid Cell Phones

James Aldrich jkaldrich at samobile.net
Fri Feb 5 03:24:02 UTC 2016

Hi Becca, Joy and all,

I will probably send a more detailed message to you Joy, Rik and Ted.
If anyone else wants my thoughts on this matter, write me privately.

Yes!  I agree!  Skype is a good idea!  We should persue this
possibility and get as many people to become pproficient with it as
possible.  Both Pcs and smart phones can utilize Skype! The bottom line
is this!  Everybody has a cell phone or land line. Not everyone has a
PC, Mac or Smart Phone.  So if we are trying to reach everyone who
might be a possible member, the phone is really our best option. Let's
assume we are living in the 40s for a moment.  The Radio was the
dominant entertainment source in the living room at that time but this
did not stop the development of television. Needless to say, the TV
surpassed radio as the dominant family entertainment in the living
room.  Radio is still a viable media and so is television. Perhaps the
internet is becoming more and more dominant but that is for another time!

Even though more people have a phone, we should also persue Skype at
the same time!  Skype has been used for some convention presentations.
I think one could tie in a chapter meeting over skype especially if a
Smart phone is used!  Dan Burke conducted our meeting over Skype when
we were putting together our Chapter Constitution!  Facetime with Apple
has been used in a few presentations as well but Skype has the
possibility of connecting many people.  I think any number of things
can be accomplished by phone as well as Skype. Maybe someone can check
to see how the MAB conference call is going and whether their call is
meeting their needs.

Dar brought up another point which I had forgotten about since I have
had unlimited cell service for some time now. Those who have 300 to a
1000 minute plan get the time of 9 PM Friday night to roughly 6 AM
Monday morning as unlimited long distance!  Quite often, Holidays are
unlimited! This might mean we may need to change our at large meeting
back to the weekend so people would be encouraged to call in during
that specified time period.

I think from this point on, I'll write to those i mentioned above privately!

Jim