[Nfbmt] security news about NFB’s 2015 convention

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:06:38 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues:

We recently received information that will be of interest to members of the National Federation of the Blind and our sponsors and friends who attended the 2015 national convention in Orlando. As you may have heard, Rosen Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (RH&R) recently learned of a security incident that may involve the payment card information of some of our guests. Cards used at RH&R between September 2, 2014 to February 18, 2016 may have been affected.

Together with their third party cyber security expert, they have removed the malware and continue to work tirelessly to contain and address the incident. Additional, enhanced security measures have been implemented to help prevent this from happening again. If you have any questions about the incident, additional information can be found on the RH&R, Inc. website at www.rosenhotels.com/protectingourguests or by calling 855-907-3214, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET.

We believe that the Rosen Hotels has swiftly taken steps to secure their network. We have no reason to believe that this problem will negatively impact those planning to make reservations for our upcoming 2016 convention at the Rosen Shingle Creek. If you have any concerns while making plans to be with us in Orlando, we encourage you to speak to the team at the Rosen Hotels as indicated above. Please keep us in the loop about any problems you experience.

Warm regards,

John

John Berggren
Chairman, Convention Organization and Activities
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
     at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230

P : 410-659-9314 x2329 <tel:410-659-9314;2329>
F : 410-685-5653
E : jberggren at nfb.org

Make a gift <https://www.nfb.org/donate>  to the National Federation of the Blind and help ensure all blind Americans live the lives they want.