[NFBMT] From the Disability Rights Montana Letter: Montana Vocational Rehabilitation

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 20:37:39 UTC 2017

Montana Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)

The state of the Vocational Rehabilitation Program in Montana is of great
concern. In March 2017, the last of the three categories of eligibility was
closed. For five months, VR has not taken any new cases and we are very
concerned about how long this situation will last. When queried, VR officials
have no estimates as to when they may be able to open a category and serve
people with disabilities again.

The reason that this was done were substantial cost overruns in the program.
The overruns amounted to roughly $4 million for the fiscal year.

We urge people to continue to apply for services. It is essential that anyone
interested in services apply for services and get onto the waiting list as
early as possible, as when they decide to open categories, VR will be serving
people based on the order on the wait list.

Web Site: http://www.nfbofmt.org