[NFBMT] Legislative Update

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 13:14:39 UTC 2017

The Senate adjourned last night at ten and will resume again at ten this
morning.

There was a motion put forward that the tax bill be sent back to the finance
committee to take a few days to come up with a bill that wouldn't have such
devastating cuts in it, and would be revenue neutral.  I know that's not the
exact phrase they used, but I can't remember what exactly it was.  That
motion was defeated.

So they are planning to vote on it this morning and they think they have the
votes to pass it.  They being the majority party.  Then of course it will
have to be reconciled with the house bill, and then whatever that is will
have to be voted on by the whole body.  I don't know whether what they come
up with in the end will be better or worse than what they plan to vote on
this morning.