[NFBMT] Want to go to National?

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:26:39 UTC 2017

Hi, everyone.

El Presidente here.  I'm a little discouraged that my plea for participants
requesting additional funds to go to the National Convention in July in
Orlando has fallen on deaf ears.  I have had only one person ask for
additional funding, and that was a verbal request just today.  Is no one
interested in going to the National Convention?  There is so much to do and
to learn there, and to meet others who share the same goals is empowering.
How are we going to build ourselves into a functioning affiliate if we don't
have a presence at the National convention?  Where else are we going to get
the excitement and the ideas and the tools necessary to carry on here in
Montana?  At the Presidents seminar I went to before the Washington Seminar,
it was said that if an affiliate isn't doing things or developing programs,
that it is due to a lack of leadership.  So when we don't set or accomplish
our goals or pursue our dreams to live the lives we want, I take it
personally.  Perhaps I shouldn't, and I don't mean this to be a guilt trip,
but if you want to go and be part of this great movement of ours, there are
ways to do it, and no excuse for not getting involved.  I can't do this by
myself.  We can't afford for apathy to set in and kill our desire to live the
lives we want.

I think the deadline to submit your requests to me was February 15, but I
will extend it to the end of February.  Please write or call me and let me
know what you estimate your expenses to be, and what you would like financial
help with.  Your requests will be considered at the next board meeting.
Thanks.