[NFBMT] Happy Fourth of July!, technology

James Aldrich jkaldrich at mysero.net
Tue Jul 4 20:54:47 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I too wish everyone here a happy fourth of July!  We are indeed
fortunate to be living in this great country!  I doubt we would be as
far along as blind persons had we lived elsewhere or this country never
came into being!  We are indeed fortunate!

As for the Trekker Stream, I have a wait and see attitude towards it!
They did say that they couldn't get some parts for the old Trekker
Breeze so they had to discontinue it!  I think more up to date
technology will enhance this combo unit!  One would charge it through a
USB source which would be marvelous by itself! I'm more interested in
knowing whether they will improve how maps will be loaded!  Would one
have what was the case before, maps which cover a few states at a time
or will we be able to load the entire country which can be done with
Near by explorer by APH.  I believe I have US and Canadian maps loaded
through that app. The Trekker Stream would be much improved if this
were possible instead of the map system which was used by the Trekker
Breeze. I hope too whichever map system they use can be updated more
frequently!  This too was a problem with the Trekker Breeze!  I'll be
watching this one!

I think the L Braille by VFO could be fascinating and hopefully the
Orbit will be out soon as well!

I received this interesting note from the Victor Stream list!  I'll
pass it along.  It comes from Roger Behm and he'll have his information below!

Hi Matt,
Humanware and My company are taking pre-orders right now, the only
difference between the two  companies is My Company, Adaptive
Information Systems Inc. is selling the victor stream trek for  $580.00
and free UPS shipping and no sales tax.
All I need for now is your current contact information and shipping
address and when I get the  retail vversion units in, HumanWare expects
October 2017, I wil contact you for your credit card  information.
Regards,
Roger Behm
Adaptive Information Systems Inc.
We Make Technology Accessible to the Vision Impaired and Reading Disabled.
Roger A. Behm, President
1611 Clover Lane
Janesville WI 53545-1388
Voice: 608-758-0933