[NFBMT] Streaming schedule for NFB convention

James Aldrich jkaldrich at mysero.net
Wed Jul 12 04:46:27 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I thought I would place this information here before the better part of
the convention streaming takes place.  Hopefully, This Email will be a
convenient source for finding the appropriate links for you to stream.
I don't know of any internet radio station which will stream the
convention for the convenience of Victor Reader Streams or Echo
Devices.  If I learn of anything more, I'll pass it along here.  For
now, this is what I have from the nfb.org site.  This also can be found
through our nfbofmt site. I missed some Monday streams so needed to
read more in advance.  Usually the stream starts on Wednesdays.

Catch the Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind Online!
July 10 to July 15, 2017
The National Federation of the Blind--the voice of the nation's
blind--will be once again streaming  portions of its annual convention
over the Internet. The NFB National Convention is the largest
gathering of the blind anywhere in the world. If you cannot be in
Orlando, Florida, to catch the  excitement in person, you can listen to
portions of the convention via the Internet.
View the  NFB 2017 Convention Agenda . When the live stream is active,
you can access it via the following links:
Winamp, iTunes
Windows Media Player
Real Player
QuickTime
Spanish stream
We also will be streaming the Spanish translation of convention
sessions. You can access the  Spanish stream via the following links:
Winamp, iTunes
Windows Media Player
Real Player
QuickTime
The NFB Convention live stream schedule is as follows (note that all
times are Eastern Daylight  Time):
Monday, July 10 (English Stream Only)
8:30 - 8:45 AM -- OrCam-Wearable OCR and More
8:45 - 10:00 AM -- Cutting the Cord: Accessibly Watching TV without a
Cable Subscription
10:30 - Noon -- Microsoft Office 365-Reinventing "Everyday" Productivity
1:30 - 3:00 PM -- Web Browsing in the 21st Century
3:30 - 5:00 PM -- Refreshable Braille Rumble: An Overview of Braille
Display Support across OS's  and Screen Readers
Wednesday, July 12
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. NFB Board Meeting
Thursday, July 13
9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. NFB General Session
2:00 - 5:00 p.m. NFB General Session
Friday, July 14
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. NFB General Session
2:00 - 5:00 p.m. NFB General Session
Saturday, July 15
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. NFB General Session
2:00 - 5:00 p.m. NFB General Session
7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Annual NFB Banquet
©2017 All Rights Reserved - Copyright 2017 NFB

Jim Aldrich