[NFBMT] Action and cost for a passport card

Edward Robbins ecrobbins517 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 04:49:04 UTC 2017

	Just to review our experience at applying for a passport card.  It
is acceptable for air travel within the U S, plus ground or sea travel to
Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.  It is not valid for
international air travel, (outside the U S).
	Documentation required is:
	Certified copy of Birth Certificate, along with a black & white
copy, (if you don't have this they will make one there).  Don't know if they
charge for this.  They keep the certified copy of birth certificate and will
return it about the same time as they mail the passport card.
	Current driver's license or State I D.  If using a State I D, they
require an additional form of I D.  (I used my insurance card).  As well as
B & W copies.
	You can use your copier or printer at home to make the copies and
make them at the office feel good towards you.
	Cost for the card is $70, paid in two payments.  $30 to the U S S
Dept. of State and $40 to the Post Office, ($25 for the P O and $15 for the
photo.  (You can bring your photo, but it must be a "passport" photo.
	Payment can be made only three different ways, Money order, Check or
Debit Card.
	If you want a full passport the cost to the U S Dept. of State is
$110.
	Time for us to do this at the Post Office was approximately 20
minutes.  We should receive our card in 6-8 weeks
	Anna filled out the application on the computer and printed it out
at home.
	We could have done this at our County offices but don't know if any
difference in costs.

	If you have any questions, please contact us.
Ted

EDWARD C "TED" ROBBINS, E-MAIL:  ecrobbins517 at gmail.com
CEO MBEI, Treasurer NFB of Montana & MANAGER MAB EQUIPMENT PROGRAM
PHONE & FAX:  406 453 6678, CELL:  406 799 6268
104 RIVERVIEW 5 E
GREAT FALLS  MT   59404

---