[NFBMT] Kenneth Jernigan Raffle Tickets are Here

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 13:17:20 UTC 2017

See below.  Joy

From: Bruce&Joy Breslauer [mailto:breslauerj at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:54 AM
To: nfbmt
Cc: violet; marjorie; Amy Eibs
Subject: Kenneth Jernigan Raffle Tickets are Here

I have thirty tickets in my hot little hand.  See below.  Joy

NATIONAL FEDERATION  OF THE BLIND

Live the life you want.

February 2017

RE: THE KENNETH JERNIGAN FUND RAFFLE 2017

Dear Colleague:

As you are aware, we established the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship
Fund at our 1998  convention in Dallas, Texas. The support from members and
friends has been both generous and  enthusiastic. The committee is again
sponsoring a limited edition raffle to raise money for the Kenneth  Jernigan
Fund. The ticket cost is ten dollars. This drawing will yield at least
$10,000 net for the Kenneth  Jernigan Fund.

You might ask, "What's in it for me?" Here is what's in it for you. If you
are the winner of this drawing, you  will receive round-trip air
transportation for two to and from Orlando, Florida, for the National
Federation  of the Blind National Convention in July 2018. You will also
receive lodging at that year's convention hotel  for seven days during the
convention. You will receive registration and banquet tickets for two. In
addition,  you will receive a cash prize of $1,000. On the other hand, if you
don't win but you sell the winning ticket,  your chapter will receive $500.
You do not have to be present to win.

We are asking each state affiliate to either sell or buy its allotment of
tickets. If  you choose to buy tickets for your affiliate, a suggested use is
to donate tickets to the door prize chairman  to be included with regular
convention prize drawings.

We believe these tickets are being distributed early enough so that all sales
can be final by June 15. Please  send money and stubs for tickets sold to:

Jernigan Fund Committee

c/o Trisha Tatam

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

After June 15, please bring ticket stubs, money, and any unsold tickets to
the national convention and turn  them in at the Jernigan Fund table. Please
have checks made payable to the National Federation of the  Blind and note KJ
Fund on the memo line.

Be sure to endorse the back of the ticket stubs with your chapter name so we
can send your chapter $500  should the ticket you sold be the winner. If

you choose to buy the tickets so you can donate them to the  door prize
committee, please endorse each stub (leave  the ticket attached) and return
the whole tickets  with your check and instructions that the tickets are to
be turned over to the door prize committee.

We are counting on you to help build the Kenneth Jernigan Fund so we can
accomplish the goals  Dr. Jernigan set forth for us. Remember, the drawing
winner need not be present at the banquet to win.

If you are unable to sell your allocation of tickets, please contact Allen
Harris at (205) 520-9979. We look  forward to seeing you in Orlando.

Sincerely,

Allen Harris, Chairman

Assisted by Joy Harris and Jay Cobb

Kenneth Jernigan Fund Committee