[NFBMT] Thank You NFB-MT!

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 22:00:50 UTC 2017

I received this message today, and I thought I’d pass it along.  Joy

Dear President Breslauer,

Please forgive the delay in sending my thanks to NFB-MT for the Distinguished Service Award.

It is an honor, and was a complete surprise, to be recognized in this manner by you.  I am grateful for all NFB-MT has done, and continues to do, to promote independence for the blind of Montana and the nation.

In the 22 years in state government, my greatest achievement was promoting education, rehabilitation and independence for Montanans with low vision and blindness through my work at the Talking Book Library.  I was blessed to work with the many individuals in your organization who advocate for these same goals.

Change is inevitable, and progress is often slow, but your organization is leading the way for equality for all.

Sincerely,

Christie Briggs

Retired librarian

Advocate for the blind and low vision