[NFBMT] Upcoming Events

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 03:59:32 UTC 2017

Washington seminar.  The legislative designees to the Washington Seminar at
the end of January are Sheila Leigland and Travis Moses.

2018 National Convention.  The delegate from Montana to the National
Convention is Joy Breslauer, NFB of Montana affiliate president.  The
alternate delegate is Robert Jaquiss, our new affiliate secretary, who is
finishing out the term vacated by Rik James.

The 2018 National Convention will be in Orlando, FL, July 3-8.  If you would
like some financial assistance to attend the convention, please let me know
off list with a phone call or an email, preferably an email or some sort of
letter explaining why you would like to go to the national convention, what
you hope to get out of it, and what you will contribute to the convention.
There are many opportunities to serve, including volunteering to work in the
Independence market.  If you are attending the national convention for the
first time, you must apply for the Kenneth Jernigan scholarship.  The winner
of that scholarship is usually announced in the middle of May.  Information
will be forwarded to you as soon as it is available from our national office.

You can start making National Convention hotel reservations in January, and
online registration begins in March.  In order to receive reimbursement for
attending the National Convention, you should have your reimbursement request
in no later than Sunday, February 18, at midnight.  You will receive your
reimbursement in the form of a preloaded card which you can pick up at the
convention.  We cannot afford to pay anybody's way completely, but we will
let you know how much we can help as soon as we know how many requests we
have to consider.  Recently we had eleven attendees from Montana.  Most
often, though, we have had one or two.  Let's try to break a record this
year.