[NFBMT] Legislative Updates

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 20:52:41 UTC 2017

Legislative Updates:
On Thursday, November 16, Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Senator Orrin
Hatch (R-UT) introduced the Accessible Instructional Materials in Higher
Education (AIM HIGH) Act (S. 2138) in the United States Senate. The
legislation will authorize the creation of voluntary guidelines to help
colleges and universities meet the needs of blind students and students with
other disabilities that make it difficult or impossible to read print. Please
contact your two senators to encourage them to cosponsor S. 2138.

As you call your senate offices regarding S. 2138, please also encourage your
senators to cosponsor our Access Technology Affordability Act (S. 732).
Immediately following the Thanksgiving recess, the Senate will devote its
attention entirely to tax reform, and it is crucial that senate offices hear
from us during this critical time. You can reach your senate offices by
calling the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121.

Finally, don't forget to start making plans to attend our 2018 Washington
Seminar. You can find more information regarding how to make hotel
reservations and other logistics for 2018 by reading the
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm17/bm1710/bm171010.htm> Braille
Monitor.