[NFBMT] Ode to Thanksgiving

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:20:40 UTC 2017

Ode to Thanksgiving

May your stuffing be tasty.

May your turkey be plump.

May your potatoes and gravy

Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious,

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!

Stuffed Cooked turkey

When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who
just are not sure how to tell when turkey is thoroughly cooked, but not dried
out.

Give this a try.

10 - 15 lb. turkey

1 cup melted butter

1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good)

1 cup un-popped popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT IS BEST)

Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt, and
pepper.

Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan, making sure the
neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back.

After about 4 hours, listen for the sounds of popping kernels.

When the turkey's rear blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the
room... You know it's Done!!

And you thought I couldn't cook...

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.