[NFBMT] National Call In Day

Bruce&Joy Breslauer breslauerj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 15:39:29 UTC 2017

National Call-In Day: No Tax on Disability!

NOV29

National Call-In Day: No Tax on Disability!

Public

Hosted by  <https://www.facebook.com/JusticeinAging/> Justice In Aging and 11
others

Join people with disabilities, our families, and advocates around the country
on Wednesday, Nov. 29th, for a national call-in day to oppose the Senate's
Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.

This bill will hurt people with disabilities.

* It dramatically cuts the revenue necessary to fund Medicaid, Medicare,
Social Security, housing, and other services that benefit people with
disabilities.
* The $1.5 trillion cut to revenue is the "pay for" tax cuts that
disproportionately benefit the wealthiest Americans and large corporations.
* It eliminates tax deductions and credits that help people with disabilities
work, access housing, and get medication.
* It repeals the Affordable Care Act's requirement that everyone have health
insurance. This will cause premiums for people with disabilities and
pre-existing conditions to increase, leaving health insurance unaffordable
for millions.

Help us send a loud and clear message that this legislation is unacceptable!

<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedicaid.publicrep.org%2Ffeatur
e%2Ftaxbill%2F&h=ATMCOoPa6smcpYmN6VFCPgctfhMYX8DevRWTa9I10Pk_dLQRU4ctMmNoA5jZ
jrYHil9Ag5kDKgaf2mL7vb4tEd0P9y9l2r5fCx9-cnWIZfJ7QpBISGvZCJvNHsGdivX1gHD_ZYapX
A228DPcaR7_Mod-QHi7fimVUJdqkSZxw0nEIm2aPg>
https://medicaid.publicrep.org/feature/taxbill/

Call the Senate switchboard at: 202-224-3121 (voice)
or 202-224-3091 (tty)

Use this sample script and talking points.

<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedicaid.publicrep.org%2Ffeatur
e%2Fcall%2F&h=ATNq4T1Z3ghzr3F1CKEEeqfVWGAnXPOMoaYAw2YK4rdIT3wRolriCEiOhP_KWIK
74BFjwoMMQaCRfsnTa3DzLcOQaMh3WK9Ip2cqAT1gabW5dsQyeWeLTKmGXwN075O7S1g2P8l_s31r
qPm0nlW9TnQ-6HRdN2VVzu5L8ZpLmZcG6ElcZQ>
https://medicaid.publicrep.org/feature/call/

How to Call Your Elected Officials

Call the main Capitol line at: (202) 224-3121 (the TTY line is 202-224-3091).

You will be sent to an automation. It will tell you to press 1 for your
senators or 2 for your representative. Select an option.

Then, it will ask you to enter your zip code. Enter your zip code using the
buttons on your phone. It will read back what you entered, and ask you to
press 1 if it is correct and 2 if it is not. If it is not correct, it will
ask you to enter your zip code again.

>From there, the call will go directly to your elected official's office.

Once you have made contact with the office, you can use this script:

Hello, this is [Name]. I'm a resident of [Town, State] and [I/my
child/sister/friend/co-worker etc.] is a person with a disability who relies
on vocational rehabilitation services to live and participate in the
community.

Congress is considering tax reform legislation that primarily benefits
wealthy individuals and large corporations and would increase the deficit by
$1.5 trillion. It contains provisions that would hurt people with
disabilities, and it would repeal the ACA's individual mandate, which would
cause millions of people to lose insurance or pay significant premium
increases. More importantly, I am concerned that cuts to Vocational
rehabilitation Services will be used to pay for some of these tax cuts or to
address the growing deficit. Millions of people with disabilities rely on
these critical services to help them get a good education and to get and keep
jobs, and to live and participate in their communities.

I am asking [Representative's Name] to oppose this tax bill and any bill that
would cut or cap Vocational Rehabilitation and other services, or use such
cuts to pay for tax cuts.

Thank you for taking my call!

[IF LEAVING A VOICEMAIL: please leave your full street address and zip code
to ensure your call is tallied]

Web Site: http://www.nfbofmt.org