[NFBMT] Live Stream

Jim Marks blind.grizzly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 17:19:12 UTC 2017

Wow, yesterday's testimony was marvelous!  We really need a special session
to deal with the state budget, and one would have to have a very cold hard
heart not to be moved into action.  I know that some conservatives are
saying that government must live within its means, but the budget is merely
a plan and not the entire ability of the state to deliver human services.
Our state leaders can increase revenue and make cuts that are supported
through collaborative leadership.  We don't have to accept the harsh cuts
the Governor is forced to deploy on his own.  We need the Legislature to
work with the Governor in order to get the best out of a bad situation.  The
NFB-MT needs to keep the pressure up for a special session so that we can
hold state government accountable.  We just might be able to avoid the
terrible proposed cuts if we can convince our state leaders to do the right
thing.  After all, it's about people, not rigid ideologies.

Thanks for sending out the link, Joy.  It made it very easy to witness
yesterday's strong testimony.

Best!

Jim Marks
Blind.grizzly at gmail.com