[NFBMT] Convention Details

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:39:03 UTC 2018

Hello there friends.
I would like to make a suggestion, if I may.
I would like to suggest that discussion about the convention and some of
these sort of conversations be done off list.
In other words, you could have a group of you all getting the emails but not
to the entire list.
Not everyone subscribed to this list wants to hear each and every detail in
this manner.
Some people may actually not stay on this list.  It has been told to me by
members that do not have time for it for this reason.

But I do like this list. I like it when I can read of an announcement, or
have members on this list post a point of discussion that anyone might want
to join in and express themselves. It is our way of being in touch and
sharing things as it relates to our ideas attitudes and aspirations and
challenges in things concerning blindness and the society at large.

But the relatively minor planning details about sitting on the registration
desk or such things. These things may not be of concern to the members
subscribed to the discussion list as a whole. That is what I am trying to
say. I just would suggest people do it by communicating in group email, and
by using the Reply All feature in their email or phone, maybe to the members
of the committee or whatever.

That is all.
If everybody else disagrees with me, that is okay. I just thought I would
make the suggestion.
They are pretty quick deletes, really.  But if you go through them every few
days or once a week, it all adds up to quite a bit of time.

Thanks. I hope you heard my suggestion in a positive light.
Rik