[NFBMT] concerning December 2018 At Large Treasure State chapter meeting on Thursday

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:50:22 UTC 2018

Hello and Seasons Greetings to all of you!

I do hope you are all enjoying good health and are in good spirits.

I think it is your choice, of what you'd like to do.

It is December 11, and in 2 days would be the day for our monthly meeting.

Myself, I have a schedule conflict.

But I think that perhaps it is one that perhaps you might also wish to
participate in.

Thursday, December 13, at 6:00 p.m. is the online seminar of Freedom
Scientific.

This is a relatively new event, live and worldwide, where staff at Vispero,
Freedom Scientific are available to answer questions, and discuss in some
detail what is going on within the product line, and about progress for
continuing to improve access.

There is a lot going on in that community and I wish to get in on it. I may
have some questions to ask.

Perhaps a good number of you are already aware, and interested.

Thus rather than cancelling the meeting I thought i would provide you all
with the link, where you may read more information.

 <http://blog.freedomscientific.com/fsopenline/>
http://blog.freedomscientific.com/fsopenline/

You can either use software called Zoom and participate online. Or you may
use the telephone also. They say that you can also just listen to it as a
podcast later.

While I am writing to you, I should also mention, that the most recent
episode (# 163) of FSCast, the podcast for Freedom Scientific for JAWS and
other products, featured 2 interviews, one with long time technology leader
in NFB, Curtis Chong.

It was very interesting. As always, Curtis said many things that i found to
be interesting and helpful.

If some of you wish to organize and have a regular chapter meeting, I do not
object at all. Just let me know what you need, and I'll provide it.

Sorry that this schedule conflict prevents me from moderating a meeting. But
maybe a lot of you are all tangled up in strands of Christmas tinsel anyway.
I don't know.

Information below to get last month's meeting recording is below.

Thanks to Joy and others for carrying on while I was busy with family in
Ohio.

I thank you in advance for your interest and your support.

The Federation is yours, and the stronger we are the more good we can do.

Sincerely,

Your chapter president, Rik James of Bozeman

montanarikster at gmail.com   -  406 586 4123 or 406 539 2578

ONLINE RETRIEVAL of the Chapter Meeting.

 <http://712dashboard.totallyfreeconferencecalls.com/recordings>
http://712dashboard.totallyfreeconferencecalls.com/recordings

Enter the Dial In Number: 712-432-6100

Or just copy and paste this all bunched up number.

7124326100

Then in the next field, put in the Access Code: 610037424678

If there is a recording available it will be with 4 characters followed by
.wav.

The November 2018 meeting file is with filename of 1811.wav.