[NFBMT] Message from Rep. Gianforte

Jim Marks blind.grizzly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 01:02:57 UTC 2018

I won't give Gianforte the benefit of the doubt.  His position on HR 620 is
not OK.  He's merely jumping on a band wagon that empowers a few and takes
away power from most, and facts just won't matter to him.  His
loophole/frivolous lawsuit justifications merit no respect.  The only way we
can convince others is by our relentless advocacy for the rights of blind
and other people with disabilities.  We have to speak up and tell our
stories over and over again.  As they say, all it takes for evil to thrive
is for good people to do nothing.  To some, I suppose this advocacy can be
labeled as white noise.  I don't think of it that way.  Rather, I think  of
it as a vulnerable minority trying to assert its self-determination.  The
ADA provides some solid protections, but HR 620 will diminish the
protections for people with disabilities and grant employers and businesses
the power to discriminate more freely.  There is a pattern to Gianforte's
imaginary position on the ADA, and that pattern is little to no concern for
others.  Let's face it.  Money just doesn't talk; it screams.

Jim Marks
Blind.grizzly at gmail.com