[NFBMT] From the great Falls Tribune

Jim Marks blind.grizzly at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 16:36:28 UTC 2018

Thanks for passing this along, Joy.  I saw it when it came out.  It
surprised me because I had no idea the Legislative Auditors found a problem
with how I was paid.  I expect that the Auditors will soon focus on the over
spending in the VR program, though.

Out of curiosity, what do you make of it?  I see that DPHHS should not have
used federal funding for my pay while on administrative leave.  I also see
charges of mismanagement.  There will be more coming out into the public eye
regarding the mismanagement.  I've written an article for the Braille
Monitor, but I'm not sure I will send it in at this point.  I am very
conflicted over complying with my settlement and telling my side of the
story.  I do not want to get anything out of it or to hurt a soul, but the
DPHHS leaders almost certainly will use my former supervisor and me as
scapegoats.  Like you know, I acknowledge full responsibility for going over
budget in FFY 2016, but after that, the DPHHS fiscal folks and directors are
to blame because they would not let me implement the Order of Selection
fully.  Their six-month delay is the reason the program is so deep
underwater.  I will not accept the blame for actions made by others.
Perhaps it will just go away, though, and we can all move on.

Best!

Jim Marks
Blind.grizzly at gmail.com