[NFBMT] New Medicare Cards

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:27:19 UTC 2018

Jeff Haworth reminded me to post this information to the list.  Thanks, Jeff.

Be watching your mail for your new Medicare card.  Social Security numbers
will be removed from Medicare cards to prevent fraud, fight identity theft,
and keep taxpayer dollars safe.  New Medicare cards will be mailed out in
phases by geographic location between April, 2018 and April, 2019.  There
will be a transition period during which either your old card or your new
card will be accepted by your service provider, but you should use your new
card as soon as you get it and destroy your old card.

Web Site: http://www.nfbofmt.org