[NFBMT] James Holman from Wikipedia

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 02:22:47 UTC 2018

Read this book on Holman in my Missoula book club a number of years
ago now. This is the BARD listing:

A sense of the world: how a blind man became history's greatest traveler DB62703
Roberts, Jason. Reading time: 12 hours, 41 minutes.
Read by David Cutler.

Disability
Travel

Biography of Englishman James Holman (1786-1857), who was blinded at
twenty-five after serving in the Napoleonic wars and who then achieved
fame as a world traveler. Quoting from Holman's memoirs, describes how
he fought slavery in Africa, survived captivity in Siberia, charted
the Australian outback, and published three books. 2006.