[NFBMT] For What It Is Worth!

James Aldrich jkaldrich at mysero.net
Wed Mar 14 03:33:39 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Dar and I learned recently that Cricket Wireless and T Mobile are now
in Montana. I understand Cricket is very similar to Verizon and one
might save on their monthly cell service.  I haven't checked this out
for myself.

T Mobile describes themselves as a consumer driven company with no
contracts and they say one could save on their bill.  Of course,
everybody says they are the fastest network.  T Mobile has a number of
companies which piggyback on their service.  One of these is Odin
Mobile which was famous for the Odin 6.  Since the carriers are
upgrading their networks, the Odin 6 phone may be in the past since it
won't work on recently upgraded networks.  It may be interesting to see
what Odin Mobile may have available for phones in the future. Montana
needed to have T Mobile available in order to use Odin Mobile phones in
the past.  This wasn't possible when T Mobile wasn't available here.
Since it is now in Montana, this is possible if they have any usable
phones.  I believe the NFB worked with T Mobile at times so when this
occurrs, we can now take advantage of anyh possibilities through T
Mobile. Cricket and T Mobile will be in Montana's major cities but may
be a bit iffy in the rural areas.

As I said, for what it is worth!

Jim