[NFBMT] an article about a new keyboard and screen reader called SPRITEs (University of Washington)

Jim Marks blind.grizzly at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:04:20 UTC 2018

This is very interesting!  I'm a very skilled user of websites and screen
readers, but I still have extreme difficulties understanding webbpages
because my screen readers don't deal with tables very well.

For instance, I applied for unemployment, and the table-based forms for
reporting weekly job search information was so hard to understand, it cost
me several weeks and several hundred dollars before I could figure out the
form structure.  I've got it now, although the ui4u.mt.gov reporting forms
are terribly awkward to use.  If I hit a tab when I should have
down-arrowed, I mess up the form.  It is an accessible website, but the
usability leaves a lot to be desired.  Bet others face the same hardship all
the time, and this new way of accessing table forms could prove invaluable.

Thanks for sharing, Rik!  It was the first I've heard of it.

Jim Marks
Blind.grizzly at gmail.com