[NFBMT] printer/scanner

Edward Robbins ecrobbins517 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:01:12 UTC 2018

Joy,
	You covered several subjects here, and I would like to comment on
several.  Scanners and a program like Open Book is great.  I am fortunate,
in that Anna does most of our reading, but when she isn't here I can do it
myself.  As for Mortgage and other recurring payments, they can be set up
for automatic payments so you don't forget and get hit with "penalty's".
Several years ago we changed our recurring payments, (utilities, phones,
Mortgage, NFB PAC, Insurance, etc.) to automatic ACH payments from the bank,
or Charge to my Credit card, which I gain points from with each charge.  The
credit card is then the only payment we have to remember and we set this up
for payment to be taken out of our bank account 2 or 3 days before it is
due.  If you maintain a balance on your credit card, this too can be set up
for "Auto Pay" and have a regular amount paid each month.  You only have to
remember that you have limited funds left in the bank for discretionary
purchases, such as food, clothing and other necessities of life.
	FYI, after a few years, I have earned enough points that I can
purchase, or Help purchase my air tickets to attend the National convention.
It is kind of like a savings account.  Not a lot, but every little bit
helps.
	As for maintaining records, the computer is good, especially if you
"back up" your computer occasionally.  You can do this with an external hard
drive, or if not that, even a portable "thumb drive) works.  Before I was
working so much with the computer I used my Braille N Speak and after one of
my crashes, one of my boys told me that I needed to "back up" the thing as
often as I didn't want to loose the information.  You can do this with the
external hard drive to "automatically" back up weekly, daily, or any period
you choose.
	As a Christian, I have been reminded several times that even "JESUS
SAVES".
	Each of us needs to use the system that works best for us, whether a
Braille record, Computer "backed up" or a paper trail.

Ted

EDWARD C "TED" ROBBINS, E-MAIL:  ecrobbins517 at gmail.com
CEO MBEI & Treasurer NFB of Montana
PHONE & FAX:  406 453 6678, CELL:  406 799 6268
104 RIVERVIEW 5 E
GREAT FALLS  MT   59404