[NFBMT] Meet the Blind Month and White Cane Awareness Day: Teach the World About What the White Cane Means to Blind People

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 06:08:55 UTC 2018

Hello and Thanks for posting,  Sheila.
You are absolutely right. It is way way difficult to navigate the
environment with a walker. Holding a cane out in front of it, and exploring
best as you can is one way. But not satisfactory altogether.
And of course using our hearing is also a part of it. But I know you and
many of us are also challenged with hearing loss.
I will try to come up with some techniques, and let you know. But in no way
do I mean that everyone who has trouble walking is doing less than they
could when they can't.
I am sorry to hear you are needing a walker. We have had to need these in
our house here lately.
Rik