[NFBMT] NOTICE: Tongith's Treasure State At-Large Chapter Meeting - August 8, 6:00 p.m. - A telephone conference

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 17:53:10 UTC 2019

Greetings Montana Federationists!

And especially to you members of the Treasure State At Large chapter of the
NFB of Montana.

The time of our regular chapter meeting is nearly here!

What? Already?

Yes, that's right

The Treasure State At-Large Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind
of Montana will meet on

Thursday, August 8th at 6 pm.

Apologies for the late notice of this meeting.

I know, I know. Awfully late.

Please inform me of a better way to communicate if email is not how you get
late breaking notices.

Would a text message be good? Send me your number, if so.

If you cannot attend, please send me an email and tell me how the heck you
are doing.

Why? Well, because i am just that nosey, that is why.

And because I just might learn something.

We do, you know. We learn from each other.

We support each other.

We build the Federation with our connections, and our experiences.

And while we don't say it quite the same, we still change what it means to
be blind.

So hhere is another reminder.

The phone number and access codes to attend the meeting have been recently
CHANGED!

Here below is the information for the conference.

TO JOIN THE TOTALLY FREE CONFERENCE CALL

USE THIS NUMBER:

712-432-6301

ACCESS NUMBER FOLLOWED BY THE POUND SIGN:

654032#

Here are a few other Tips while in the conference:

BUTTONS on PHONE KEYPAD for Conference Participants:

*    to start the reading of commands menu.

*1   MUTE SELF - mute yourself, and unmute yourself.

*4   DOWN VOLUME (turns volume down on phone within the conference)

* 6   UP VOLUME (to turn UP volume on your line)

* 7  DOWN MIC VOLUME (your Microphone)

* 8   EXIT COMMANDS LIST (to get out of hearing the list of commands)

* 9   UP MIC VOLUME (turns UP your micophone Volume)

# - EXIT / PREVIOUS (takes you out of conference, and switch to previous )

Agenda Items:

Well, looking at the previous items, they have not changed, really. So I am
leaving them there.

Add to them, please.

How about using Zoom for a meeting rather than the phone conference?

How about the outlook for the fall?

How about the Missoula convention?

How about the recently held national convention in Las Vegas?

How about them Bozeman Bucks winning the state title in Legion baseball?

How about I wish I had my time again? Boy, smacking a ball was sure fun.
Smack!!

Boy, letting a high fly ball fall to the ground so close by, it hit my foot
in the 6th inning as I stood out there in right field? It was our first game
under the lights? That was pretty much the end of my career. The coach, who
was the contractor that had built our house, and a family friend, he reemed
me up one end to the other, and angrily yanked me from the game. He didn't
understand it was my poor night vision, the early symptoms of Retinitis
Pigmentosa, at age 14. Hell, neither did I, really.

Well, that's the way the ball bounces.  So they say.

ITEM # ONE:

Make a list of guests you would like to have come and share with us. When we
had Peggy Chong last fall, everyone seemed to like that. I'd like to hear
your ideas. I have a few, too. But first, I invite your input.

ITEM TWO:

What is in store for our affiliate, and our chapter for this year? Who has
some ideas and some thoughts on things in your community that could be
useful for our group's stated mission? How can we develop a strategy to grow
and spread the word about NFB of Montana.

ITEM THREE:

Funding the movement.  As a chapter, as an affiliate of the national
organization.

ITEM FOUR:

A chronicle of record of our state affilate.

A publication.  Annually?  Bi-annually? Quarterly?

Play catch up over the past 6 years with the first issue. Then move on
incrementally.

Jokes there has to be jokes. That was what drew people to the newspapers,
was those jokes.

A FINAL REMINDER:

Annual State organization Dues

P.O. Box 1325

Great Falls, MT 59403

    Website:  www.nfbofmt.org

      Phone: (406) 438:1421

I thank you in advance for your interest and your support.

The Federation is yours, and the stronger we are the more good we can do.

Sincerely,

Your chapter president, Rik James of Bozeman

Read more how to reach me below.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Contact:

Rik James

(406) 586-4123

(406) 451-1874 (Note: This is a NEW mobile number! Voice or rext messages)

montanarikster at gmail.com

If you no longer wish to receive these messages about the meetings, do let
me know by replying to this message and request to be removed.

I will remove you from the list. No problem. No problem at all.

### EXCUSE ME? PROFESSOR? IS THIS REALLY THE END? ###