[NFBMT] NOTICE of Treasure State At-Large Chapter meeting tonight, Feburary 14 at 6:00 p.m. IMPORTANT NEW CONFERENCE #'s to use for your CALL

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:56:39 UTC 2019

Greetings Montana Federationists!

And especially to you members of the Treasure State At Large chapter of the
NFB of Montana.

Happy Valentines!

Our regular chapter meeting is tonight, at 6:00 p.m.

However, there are IMPORTANT CHANGES YOU NEED TO KNOW.

The phone number and access codes have CHANGED!

I realize this is very late notice about that.

I expect some of you will not find out in time, and I regret that, and
apologize in advance for any frustration this most likely will cause.

My excuse is just that time is moving too fast. And I am moving too slowly.

But that is a poor excuse.

Here below is the information.

I hope that you will get this in time and can call in tonight for the
conference.

If you have time, and would like, maybe some of you might call around to
other members, to help get the turn out for tonight's meeting.

Also, tonight, I would ask all of you, how you would feel about using this
new very popular Zoom online conference option.

It would not cost anyone telephone minutes. And if you are online, I think
that it would maybe be a very good option.

I have noticed that other NFB meetings are using this now.

Below is the information and the numbers you will need to phone in for our
Thursday, February 14th conference call at 6 p.m.

TOTALLY FREE CONFERENCE

CALL THIS NUMBER:

712-432-6301

ACCESS NUMBER FOLLOWED BY THE POUND SIGN:

654032#

A few other Tips while in the conference:

These are all new to all of us. And I have not yet learned them all, and I
hope I have everything copied here correctly.

Try them out tonight, why don't you?

BUTTONS on PHONE KEYPAD for Conference Participants:

*    to start the reading of commands menu.

*1   MUTE SELF - mute yourself, and unmute yourself.

*4   DOWN VOLUME (turns volume down on phone within the conference)

* 6   UP VOLUME (to turn UP volume on your line)

* 7  DOWN MIC VOLUME (your Microphone)

* 8   EXIT COMMANDS LIST (to get out of hearing the list of commands)

* 9   UP MIC VOLUME (turns UP your micophone Volume)

# - EXIT / PREVIOUS (takes you out of conference, and switch to previous )

Now, just a couple other things.

First, a quick reminder about dues.

ITEM ONE:

It being now the year 2019, this is the time of year to renew your NFB of
Montana membership dues.

You may do so by sending your annual $5.00 individual annual dues to our
affiliate Treasurer, Ted Robbins.

Here is the mailing address:

P.O. Box 1325

Great Falls, MT 59403

    Website:  www.nfbofmt.org

      Phone: (406) 438:1421

Of course, it is always a good time to make any additional contributions to
the affiliate treasury. We thank you for all support you can make.

You may be aware, that currently the national organization is having a
membership campaign. And they are sending out these wonderful NFB medallions
to the members. So, if you need another incentive, this is certainly one.

I am told they are a very nice item to have, and the state will notify
national and send you out one.

Also, you may not know, but there is a LIFETIME membership option with our
affiliate. For a one-time payment, of 100 dollars you can be assured that
you are always a paid up in good standing member. And certainly this is
useful for our state's treasury.

ITEM TWO:

Election Results. At the January meeting, an election was held. All officers
were re-elected, Rik James, Travis Moses, Joy Breslaure, and Linda Hurlock,
as President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, respectively.

I thank you in advance for your interest and your support.

The Federation is yours, and the stronger we are the more good we can do.

Sincerely,

Your chapter president, Rik James of Bozeman

Read more how to reach me below.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Contact:

Rik James

montanarikster at gmail.com

If you no longer wish to receive these messages about the meetings, do let
me know by replying to this message and request to be removed.

I will remove you from the list. No problem. No problem at all.