[NFBMT] notice of chapter meeting date change - Treasure State At-Large chapter meeting on Thursday, January 17 at 6:00 p.m. - also a Dues Reminder

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:26:26 UTC 2019

January 9, 2019

Greetings Montana Federationists!

And especially to you members of the Treasure State At Large chapter of the
NFB of Montana.

Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone has had a really good end of year holiday season.

I think we'd all love to touch base and hear how you are doing. Am I right?
Maybe

a Santa Clause report?

Who ate more, and so on?

Who will not tell about eating the most, like me.

The fun stuff.

But there is more, much more to discuss, of course!

Such as the Montana legislature and other items that affect all of the blind
of Montana.

I am cancelling our regular meeting time for tomorrow, January 10.

And re-scheduling it for NEXT THURSDAY, which is JANUARY the 17th.

Several reasons for that. But I hope you can make it to call in and
participate next week.

I apologize for any inconveniences.

Below is the information and the numbers you will need to phone in for our
Thursday, January 17th conference call at 6 p.m.

But first, please read all of the items below.

ITEM ONE:

You are invited to participate!

Thursday, January 17, 2019

6:00 p. m. (Mountain time)

A Telephone Conference Meeting of the Treasure State At-Large Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Montana.

More information below.

ITEM TWO:

It being now the year 2019, this is the time of year to renew your NFB of
Montana membership dues.

You may do so by sending your annual $5.00 individual annual dues to our
affiliate Treasurer, Ted Robbins.

Here is the mailing address:

P.O. Box 1325

Great Falls, MT 59403

    Website:  www.nfbofmt.org

      Phone: (406) 438:1421

You may be aware, that currently the national organization is having a
membership campaign. And they are sending out these wonderful NFB medallions
to the members. So, if you need another incentive, this is certainly one.

I am told they are a very nice item to have, and the state will notify
national and send you out one.

Also, you may not know, but there is a LIFETIME membership option with our
affiliate. For a one-time payment, of 100 dollars you can be assured that
you are always a paid up in good standing member. And certainly this is
useful for our state's treasury.

ITEM THREE:

Our chapter should conduct an election of its officers. I would suggest we
do so at this meeting next Thursday. If the members agree, we will do so. Or
lacking a quorum, or at the will of those in attendance, we may schedule
them for February, in case many cannot attend on the 17th.

Currently your chapter officers are as follows, Travis Moses is Vice
President, Joy Breslauer is Secretary, Linda Hurlock is Treasurer, and Rik
James, is serving as your President.

I would ask you consider one of these positions, or offering up some names
in nomination during the election. Talent, when it is put to use, is an
excellent way to see our chapters, our affiliate, and our entire Federation
grow, and be an even more vibrant organization, and one that can get things
done!

NOW...

Here is the needed Totally Free Conference Telephone Number for Thursday,
January 17 meeting:

    (712) 432-6100

    or all bunched up together the number is 7124326100

The Participant Access Passcode is:

    41010893#

Don't forget that pound sign at the end.

Some of you have figured out a way to put this above information in your
phone's Contacts, so that you can simply dial the number, and then the
passcode is automatically entered and put in there. This is working for
myself now, who has begun to feel like Mr. Fumble Fingers at times. If you
need instructions, someone may be able to help out.

I thank you in advance for your interest and your support.

The Federation is yours, and the stronger we are the more good we can do.

Sincerely,

Your chapter president, Rik James of Bozeman

Read more how to reach me below.

If you missed last month's meeting and wish to listen to it or download it,
here is how you can do so.

ONLINE RETRIEVAL of the Chapter Meeting.

 <http://712dashboard.totallyfreeconferencecalls.com/recordings>
http://712dashboard.totallyfreeconferencecalls.com/recordings

Enter the Dial In Number: 712-432-6100

Or just copy and paste this all bunched up number.

7124326100

Then in the next field, put in the Access Code: 610037424678

If there is a recording available it will be with 4 characters followed by
.wav.

Look for the unique meeting CODE filename.  A 4-digit number (YYMM)

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Contact:

Rik James

montanarikster at gmail.com

If you no longer wish to receive these messages about the meetings, do let
me know by replying to this message and request to be removed.

I will remove you from the list. No problem. No problem at all.