[NFBMT] tonight, Tuesday, January 29, 7:00 p.m., an online forum about talking devices - Hadley Institute

Rik James rixmix2009 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 20:02:06 UTC 2019

Hello Montana list members,
Are you keeping warm enough?
How are those arm and back muscles?
What? Not weary of snow shovel ling yet?
But in any case, here, is why I post here today.
You may already be subscribed to this newsletter from The Hadley Institute
for the Blind.
But if not, I have copied below, the information from a recent email that I
received. You might wish to subscribe and get notices yourself.
If you have not yet used Zoom for joining in on live conferences, this might
be a good event to try your hand at it. It seems to be a pretty accessible
Microsoft for Windows application.
Same goes for the option to join them by phone.
I am considering participating. Who knows. Maybe we'll have a Montana
contingency.

Thanks,
Rik James
Treasure State Chapter of the NFB of Montana.
montanarikster at gmail.com

PLEASE READ THE MESSAGE BELOW:

An invitation for a forum that takes place TONIGHT, at 7pm our time here in
Montana.
Below is the information from this person:
Ricky Enger <enger at hadley.edu>

Tech it Out
Audio Identification and Visual Interpreter Services
January 29, 2019 at 8:00:00 PM (Central)

There are several tech-enabled tools out there that you can use to act as
your visual guide or assistant. Some involve artificial intelligence; others
use human assistance. We will walk through several options and compare our
experiences. Tune in and share what you've learned and ask your questions.

Online: https://zoom.us/j/468325263

Phone:
+1 929 205 6099

Meeting ID: